Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Thing # 10

Using comics and their characters are fun. We can all enjoy using this tool for many different things. It would be perfect for making cards for all occasions to share with friends and family. In the classroom, it would be useful for students as they make cards for all "Red Letter Days " but especially for that very special day in May, Mothers Day. Teachers are busy in May and having this tool available will allow the students to make a special card for Mom in an easy fun way.

Social Studies teachers could use this as a means of expressing political satire by having students make cards showing political campaign slogans or expressions. Science is a great spot for students to make cartoons or signs showing save the earth slogans or encouraging everyone to go "Green" .

There is a special place for using the comics in every area of the curriculum and the best part is the students and teachers will love using this tool. I love this idea I love the trading card idea. Everyone will love learning about a particular subject, making cards, and trading the cards they have created. It will be useful in every subject.
Science teachers will love it to help with landforms, planets, and simple machines. Students can make the cards, present the information to the class, trade cards, and of course, quiz each other about the information they have learned.

In the library, students can make trading cards for the books they have read. We could make a chart showing the various cards students have made. A picture book, a non -fiction, and a easy book chart would be useful for the students as they learn about different books and authors.
These trading cards will easily convert into book markers for student and teacher use.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like that you made a trading card with your mash up picture. I had not thought to try that. That set off alot of other ideas for those trading cards in my mind. I could do a mash up picture with 9 pictures and then have the students name each item. That would be a great "test" for the end of my landforms group of trading cards. So the kids would need to name each of the landforms to get the final card. I would hold all the final cards and they would have to get that one from me (the teacher) so that I know they have them all down. Cool!!!!

Dyslexic Mystery Lover said...

I love your bird trading card. What a neat assignment for students. I think I need to copy you!