Thursday, June 5, 2008

Thing 9-Blog Searching

The format of the blog site is important. Students are able to use sites that are plain and simple. Topix was such a site. Captions, print, and images were crisp and clear. This site was also easy to search. This site let the user answer right away after reading the blog.

I didn't like Syndic8 because it was too structured,boxed in, and difficult to locate the topic that you need. I did like the flags which told the user right away where to go for the different countries.

Google Blog Search was wonderful and easy to use because students can enter a one word search and there will be many listings. The blog also tells how current the information is. It nprovides an introductory sentence which will tell students if they're on the right path.

4 comments:

Grendel said...

You are doing a great job of investigating and reporting on these sites! I learned something just from reading Thing #9 on your blog. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

I agree that the format is very important to student use. It is also important to attracting their attention and getting them to come back and write.

Grendel said...

Google Blog Search is the most popular one with most of the players--at least, that is how it seems to me.I am glad that you found it easy to use and that it met yoru needs! :)

Grendel said...

Thanks for sharing your notes. They are very helpful! I take it you liked Google Blog Search the best. I think most of the players have.