Thursday, June 5, 2008

Thing 8-RSS Feeds

I like quotes, so I added the Daily Quotes subscription. Newspaper articles will be a nice addition to my Google site and teachers who have their own RSS sites will also find this useful as well. New information that is posted will be great to discuss with students on an as needed bases.

When studying a particular unit or subject teachers will rejoice at the ability to have RSS information for immediate use. Our second graders study birds each year and this will enable the classes to read currently articles that are published.

Library use of RSS will be useful for students doing research because the information is new and students will be exposed to unread material which can be incorporated into their work. It also adds another dimension to library and school technology.

1 comment:

jenny said...

I didn't even see there was a "Daily Quote" subscription! I love quotes too and am going to search for it! Thanks for the heads up!